Thursday 12 December 2013

winning is the target for the drivers at forceindia

Sergio Perez says the combination of himself and Nico Hulkenberg will be targeting victories for Force India in 2014.
Following Hulkenberg's return to the team last week, Perez was confirmed as his team-mate at Force India on Friday having left McLaren. The 2014 regulations offer an opportunity for a change to the previous competitive order, and with the Mercedes engine - which Force India will use - rumoured to be strong, the team looks well-placed for next season.
Asked if he and Hulkenberg could be a winning combination, Perez replied: "That has to be the target.
We know our limitations but I think the team has very high targets for next year of which I'm part of - together with Nico - I'm looking forward to working really hard to bring the team as high up as possible. The whole combination is very hungry; the team, the drivers, so I think definitely we're going to be the most hungry cars out there! We have a lot to prove, so I'd say it can be a great year for the team and it can be a year that moves the team forward."
Perez stressed that both he and Hulkenberg have points to prove after Hulkenberg was also overlooked for the Ferrari and Lotus drives.
"I think we've got a very strong driver line-up for next year, definitely one of the strongest ones, and definitely the most hungry one, we both have a lot to prove. We're both very young and we're looking forward to a very big challenge."
With Force India having failed to beat McLaren in 2013, Perez said the pace shown by the team at the start of the season encouraged him to aim high.
"I've been watching the team. They've been very consistent in the midfield; they've have been the most consistent over the last few years. Now, with the change in regulations, I believe we can be a very strong team where we can move forward together with the team. I think it's a great opportunity for the whole team - now only myself - to put everything together in place to move forward and start fighting the big teams. I think there is very good potential. Before they changed the tyres this year the team has shown great pace, so I'm definitely very happy to be with the team and I think we'll have a strong season ahead of us."

No comments:

Post a Comment